The Lies of the Ruling Class
What are the broad lies, told by both political parties, that the current ruling regime tells the American people? Our speakers will dissect various lies, explain how they buttress America’s ruling elite, and discuss how we should reconsider each topic.
Doors Open: 8:30 am. Light breakfast is provided. Panel 1: 9:00 am - 10:15 am
- America’s elites are bright, competent, and qualified.
- Michael Anton, Lecturer and Research Fellow at Hillsdale College
- America remains a constitutional republic.
- Glenn Ellmers, Senior Fellow at The Claremont Institute
- The Americaneconomy works for everyone—it is not a plutocracy.
- Joel Kotkin, Presidential Fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University and Washington Fellow at The Claremont Institute’s Center for the American Way of Life
Panel 2: 10:45 am - 12:00 pm
- All racial disparities are morally suspect.
- David Azerrad, Assistant Professor and Research Fellow at Hillsdale College’s Van Andel Graduate School of Government
- Women can have it all.
- Helen Andrews, Senior Editor at The American Conservative
- Technological progress is good.
- James Poulos, Editor of The American Mind at The Claremont Institute
Lunch Served 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Panel 3: 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm
- Presidential elections matter for conservatives.
- Theodore Wold, former Deputy Assistant to President Trump, Visiting Fellow at The Claremont Institute’s Center for the American Way of Life
- U.S. spy agencies keep Americans safe.
- Lee Smith, Journalist and author of The Plot Against the President
- We are a nation of immigrants.
- Jeremy Carl, Senior Fellow at The Claremont Institute
When & Where
May 25, 2022
Mayflower Hotel, Washington, DC
Arthur MilikhExecutive Director
Joel KotkinWashington Fellow
Theo WoldWashington Fellow